[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Sound Input only plugins?

I wanted to implement an audio *input only* plugin that uses the dv1394
module. However, looking at the interface of gnomemeeting, I see that
only a single Audio plugin is selectable, and that this *plugin* can
have different input and output *devices*.

How could one approach the task of allowing different sound plugins for
input and for output? What is the reason for the current implementation?
I vaguely recall the conversations when the initial ALSA plugin was
developed, but I'd like to bring it out in the open hoping that a
solution can be found.

--
*)   Georgi Georgiev   *) I'd like to meet the guy who invented beer   *)
(*    chutz gg3 net    (* and see what he's working on now.            (*