Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] PWLib V4L2 plugin patch submission request

Hello Nicola,

Thanks for the great work. I will read that patch, test it and apply it.

At first sight, something is lacking, conversion from SBGGR8 to YUV420P
as your current code is doing 2 conversions each time. Try to see with
Luca, he had source code for that.

Le samedi 23 octobre 2004 à 13:05 +0100, Nicola Orru' a écrit :
> Hello, guys!
>
> 	I have just made the latest CVS gnomemeeting work on a V4L2 camera (sn9c102 based), and this is the outcome of my work. My camera is very cheap and lacks support for lots of options, like color and brightness tuning, so I could not test everything... That's what I have reserved for you to enjoy :)
> 	This is my first patch submission, please be patient if it doesn't apply properly at the first try. Contact me immediately should you need changes to the file format (or just clean it up :). The patch must be applied to pwlib 1.8.3. Any hints and suggestion for future releases will be appreciated.
> 	Although this work is far from perfect, I am submitting it anyways, as I know crowds are craving for the V4L2 support needed by recent Bayer-based cameras (good job, Luca! :).
>
> 	Notes:
> 	- I tried to add a rudimentary device detection based on the scan of the /dev/v4l directory. The device detection code can conflict with "old" V4L plugin. To work it around, choose the proper device and the V4L2 plugin from Edit/Preferences/Video devices and restart gnomemeeting, or DELETE the V4L plugin if you fancy more drastic approaches :)

I don't understand what you mean, but I'll check and keep you updated.

Thanks!

//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org