Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] GK connection renewal

Damien Sandras a écrit :

Hi,

Le lundi 18 octobre 2004 à 17:48 +0200, daniel huhardeaux a écrit :
Hi everybody,

I use GM-cvs on my laptop, connected to my GK through internet. If I put my laptop in hibernate mode and restart it when needed, most of the time, I have then to go in prefernces -> gatekeeper and click apply so my laptop unregistred/registred to GK. If I'm not doing this, I will not be able to place a call.

Could it be possible to add a feature like in SIP to renew registration each x seconds? Or this problem shouldn't exist in H323 which means that something is broken in my installation (eg power saving)?

Last time I discussed that with Craig he told me that it shouldn't work
that way. Anyway, it would be a workaround to your problem, I guess that
if you have to reregister again, it is because your power saving cuts
the network connection to the GK, and thus the GK removes your alias
from its internal table.
No, if I check on my GK I'm still registred. I think that's why I have to "wakeup" again the connection with this manipulation.

BTW, my network connection is coming up after a switch on (mails, ICQ, browser ...) And as I told, it's not *always*. For instance, I had a call this morning, notebook ran in hibernate mode, I switch it on immediately and other party was still on line!

If I add a timeout, say 5 minutes, it will perhaps at best reregister 4
minutes 59 seconds after you are going out of power saving.

I'll check that timeout thing though.
--
Daniel