Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] To the packagers, and to the others

Le jeudi 04 novembre 2004 à 21:01 +0100, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> - perhaps the DBUS component could still evolve, Julien, you could
> probably comment on this

It will probably evolve if the gaim developpers agree with me, since I
don't think it is complete enough to do what I want.

> All those changes mean that I will have to synchronize the patches with
> my local OPAL GnomeMeeting. So please don't commit to CVS anymore, let
> me do it.

I sent the stupid patch to the ml and didn't apply it directly exactly
for that reason ;-)

> If we delay it, what is the status in *current* (by opposition with
> upcoming) distributions for :
> - DBUS

1) DBUS itself is still quite experimental ;
2) we don't know how fast the gaim-gnomemeeting connection will become
true.

Don't delay 1.2 for the DBUS component.

> Should we enable DBUS by default? Is that dependancy common in Mandrake
> 10.1, Fedora Core X, Debian Sarge, SuSE ?

It's still quite uncommon. I'm working on it now because I prefer
targetting the future than the present ;-)