[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] To the packagers, and to the others

Hello to all,

You probably know that GnomeMeeting 1.2 is nearly ready and the code is
nearly frozen. I'm spending my time on OPAL, but the port will perhaps
be longer than expected.

However:
- perhaps the DBUS component could still evolve, Julien, you could
probably comment on this
- I will receive a "zeroconf" patch permitting to detect other
GnomeMeeting users on your LAN and to call them using the address book
- there is still minor work to do wrt the new PC-To-Phone provider

All those changes mean that I will have to synchronize the patches with
my local OPAL GnomeMeeting. So please don't commit to CVS anymore, let
me do it.

My question is thus :
"Given the fact that the OPAL port will be long to come and that there
are still some features in the oven, could we delay GnomeMeeting 1.2 a
bit?"

If we delay it, what is the status in *current* (by opposition with
upcoming) distributions for :
- DBUS
- HOWL (the zeroconf library)
?

Should we enable DBUS by default? Is that dependancy common in Mandrake
10.1, Fedora Core X, Debian Sarge, SuSE ?

Should we enable HOWL support by default? Is that dependancy common in
Mandrake 10.1, Fedora Core X, Debian Sarge, SuSE ?

Those 2 new features mean 2 new dependancies for users.

Comments?

//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org