Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] New addressbook

Hi Damien,

apart from the comment that your "fix" still doesn't compile on non-eds
platforms, here's my though to the following ;)

> As you can see, you have several possibilities :
> - ILS without gatekeeper : rfc822mailbox
> - LDAP with H.350 and a gatekeeper : alias (the gatekeeper registered
> alias)
> - LDAP without H.350 but with a gatekeeper : rfc822mailbox
> - LDAP without H.323 and without a gatekeeper but with e164 :
> telephoneNumber

nice.. can i differentiate within the same LDAP server which one to use?
Like there might be people on (e.g. seconix) who register with alias to
a gatekeeper and others which have just 1 GM and therefore don't need a
GK..

Moreover how do you plan to make the e164 transparent to the gui? How
can i force GM to use E164 instead of having my asterisk catch this as a
default extension to ISDN? Or will in that case the entire logic be
within the asterisk and i'll have to care about e164 there?
Basically this is: will there be a e164:0123456789 or not?

> Of course, you can register basically anything as alias to a gatekeeper,
> and then use the corresponding standard field in your LDAP server to
> call the user. For example, I could setup an LDAP server with standard
> attributes, and decide that people have to use their firstname to
> register to the gatekeeper. Then, the LDAP attribute to use to call
> people on your LDAP server will be "givenname".

Ouch. So if there's Matthias Marks and Matthias Redlich, which one wins?

--
Best regards,
 Kilian