Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Lowering cpu load during fullscreen

Le dim, 21/03/2004 à 12:46 +0100, Stefan Bruens a écrit :
$
> No, it is still working in RGB color space, using Xv will need more work, and
> Xv will not be available always, so this should be available to.
>
> Using Xv needs big rewrites of gdkvideoio, at the moment this is really hard
> to understand (although I figured it out) as there are really many different
> code pathes. I have some ideas to make this easier, but this will need some
> time.

Indeed, rewriting gdkvideoio.cpp for 1.00 was on my TODO list, then I
cancelled the idea.

> As I was not 100% sure if this works in every case, I wanted to leave the old
> code in to make it easily accesible for cross checks.

We are using CVS, that's easy to revert.

> The reason for putting it in extra files was that I have developed it in a
> small code basis out of gnomemeeting (as gnomemeeting unfortunately does not
> run in valgrind, which has become my favourite performance measuring tool).
> So I simply copied the file into the gnomemeeting tree and called the
> function from gm ...

Valgrind should be able to run GM, but there is something to do for
GNOME programs, and you will most certainly be annoyed by OpenH323
valgrind warnings.

> I have no problems with putting it into the gdkvideo.cpp directly, the chosen
> way only was the simpler one for me. I can make a different patch, if you
> want ...

Yes I would prefer it that way.

> Greets,
>
> Stefan
> --
> Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
> mailto:lurch gmx li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/
>    phone: +49 241 169-4206     mobile: +49 160 7532733

(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org