Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Major ILS change

> I don't like this restriction. Imagine users with strict firewall rules
> who allow requests on port 1720 from their friends only. They aren't
> able to use your ILS directory anymore. You shouldn't punish persons who
> care for security.

If you refresh the ILS server, you will see 400 connected people. In
those 400 connected people, about 200 are unreachable, and I would say
that probably 0 of them are unreachable because of the above. So I would
prefer to close the ILS than letting it in the current state given the
number of complaints we are receiving due to the fact that most users
are not reachable at all.

If the person likes security, and allows 1720 access only to a few
friends, with static IP's, then he should not publish his data in the
ILS. That's not fair for the others.

(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org