Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [RFC] New addressbook, evolution-data-server and internal contacts

On Die , 2004-03-07 at 08:41, Damien Sandras wrote:

> >No, that won't. The current code has to know that the source
> >is a gtk tree view, and has to know it. What I propose is
> >something like:
> >src_widget = gtk_drag_get_source_widget (...);
> >drag_url = g_object_get_data (src_widget, "vcard");
>
> That is fully broken. You will have to protect things with mutexes or
> make sure the data is always coherent accross the code. That will also
> prevent drag-and-drop to happen from the main evolution address book,
> which is bad.

If we are dropping a text/vcard anyway, why does it matter at all what
the source widget is? All you really need to care about, is the
information being dropped, not where it came from.

> >No, see above.
> >

> Yes, see above. You propose to replace the current code by a pure hack.
> That is something hard to defend.

It's not a total hack. Not that I'm defending the code, but it was just
a suggestion based on misunderstanding, I think. :)

--dobey