Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [RFC] New addressbook, evolution-data-server and internal contacts

On Die , 2004-03-07 at 08:41, Damien Sandras wrote:
> I wonder, Julien, if we shouldn't begin by doing a DBUS component for GM
> instead of trying to fix drag-and-drop. DBUS is ready and usable in
> Debian, not E-D-S. It means we should perhaps wait for EDS to be more
> mature.

I don't understand what you are saying here. What does DBUS have to do
with e-d-s? The data server is pretty mature. I imagine that you also
won't be re-doing the address book in Gnomemeeting 1.0.x either, are
you? I would go so far as to say that e-d-s is more mature than gtk+
2.3. :) You don't need to launch evolution to use the address book part
of the data server in gnomemeeting. You can just keep the same UI as you
already have in fact, and just populate it with information from e-d-s,
instead of from an XML file or wherever you are storing the information.
It's a fairly straightforward API. I wrote a utility to subscribe to
web calendars, pretty quickly.

-- dobey