Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] GM Stereo View

Le mar, 29/06/2004 à 14:15 +0200, PUYDT Julien a écrit :
> Le lun 28/06/2004 à 23:43, Christopher Warner a écrit :
> > http://www.kernelcode.com/~zanee/gmdv.html
>
> I like the fact that the icons have text nearby to say what they mean.

Personally, I think that looks awful. If we want text in the toolbar
then we have to go for an horizontal toolbar. But it is hard to keep a
compact GUI in that case, and I have done my very best througout the
years to keep a compact GUI.

Notice a few toolbar buttons will go away with the new "mode"-based UI
in the next future. Perhaps we could totally remove the toolbar.

The question we have to ask ourselve is what buttons people use
frequently :
- text chat: probably, but will go away with the new modes
- control panel: probably, but will go away with the new modes
- address book: yes, I think so
- video preview: yes, I think so
- audio, video pause: no, I don't think so

However, I think a button is missing for the calls history. That's
something that should be frequently used.

Notice that having text in the toolbars is discussed on the mailing list
every 3 months or so since the project exists. My main worry about that
is that it makes the UI look huge.

> The "Connect" button probably belongs to the right of the address line,
> not in the vertical toolbar.

I think the URL bar should stay where it is currently, and not go to the
bottom. People are used to enter URL's at the top, not at the bottom.