[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Why NetMeeting is still needed - was Re: [Discuss] Windows Service (NOT Service Pack ;)

I think this is a pretty insightful summary of why NetMeeting is still
being used and why we're getting requests to make it run via Wine, so
I'm CCing this to the GnomeMeeting developer list to make sure they are
aware of these issues (they probably are but just in case).

Context is "Why doesn't NetMeeting let me use application sharing?".

NetMeeting runs pretty well on Wine and a fair number of people use it,
in fact we've had corporate clients ask us to improve it. The first
question people always ask about this (and I did the same) is "Why not
use GnomeMeeting?". Well, here's why. NetMeeting is more a collaboration
tool. GnomeMeeting is more a video conferencing tool.

Hope this helps.

thanks -mike

--
Mike Hearn <mh codeweavers com>