Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] CVS and SID

Hi Daniel,

> >>at first, I'm not getting any message from either the devel list that
> >>from the user list. Normal?
> >Yes.
> If you tell it ;-)

well, i'd be highly suppressed to receive mails from a mailinglist that
did not receive any mails in the first place. *g*
So until someone posts, there's no traffic and that's what you
encountered, so it's normal.

> >>Also, I know that in SID it's actually a big move with implementation of
> >>Gnome 2.6 and problem with libcup. Since one week I din't upgrade as I
> >>always see that apt-get want to uninstall gnomecvs and not upgrade it.
> >>Is this a normal behaviour?
> >>

> >Well, sort of.. I can't yet tell why gnome-desktop-environment does for
> >gnomemeeting to be install rather than to accept the gnomemeeting-cvs
> >Provides: gnomemeeting.. I'll have to look into this more deeply as i
> >haven't changed anything and thus gotta check why it breaks. However i
> >agree it's annoying ;)
> >Btw. you need evolution-data-server to be installed, so maybe this is
> >only a problem when your apt-preferences have a low prio on experimental
> >packages.
> >

> Even if I don't use evolution?

EDS is not primarily about evolution. It's a backend service like gconf.
Evolution is just the platform it's derived from.

>  What is annoying to me that I'm using KDE
> and always have problem with gnome programs. Don't know if it's the same
> in the other way, I mean if people who are using gnome have also such
> kind of behaviour when there is a big move in KDE.

well, using Qt programs in GNOME somtimed gives funny effects too, but
at least the package installation is more seamless. I'm a little annoyed
by the current SID state myself, but until full GNOME2.6 is in and does
have a fully consistent state again, i guess we just have to be patient.
For sure the Debian gnome-team doesn't break dependancies on purpose
(let's hope at least so)..

however if things are becoming too fuzzy, then you're free to file a bug
against any debian package (with reportbug or alike that's pretty
convenient). Reporting GMCVS bugs should hit my inbox, but i gotta check
i have added the neccessary lines already to the buildd diff (and not
only prepared it on my local chroot *g*)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian