Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Cnages to Gnomemeeting Kernel

Hi George,

Am Sa, den 31.01.2004 schrieb George um 06:14:
> I've been monitoring the messages concerning the 2.6 kernel. However I
> have not seen if this is the only direction that GM is going to. Are we
> going to have to upgrade either the kernel or operating system versions
> to be able to run GM now? I certainly hope not just to be able to use
> one application. Albeit an excellent application. It would be a real
> shame and leave behind a lot of people such as myself that has too much
> to lose by having to be forced to install another version of the
> operating system.

No fear. ;)
GM will still be running on 2.4 and (so i hope) on 2.2 too..
What can't be foretold with certainty is what happens when compiling on
2.6 with 2.6 optimizations and then running on 2.4 or 2.2.. but as
johnny said, that needs further investigation and most hopefully that
can be done before the 1.00 release.

Hope this clear a bit that you will still have an enjoyble GM for a long
time.. ;)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian