Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] 1.00 Freeze

El mar, 27-01-2004 a las 10:59, Damien Sandras escribió:
> Here are the things that remain to do :
> 	- Fixing unknown bugs
I don't think this will be done on time ;)
> 	- Fix the fullscreen mode
> 	- Fix the picture plugin so that it accepts sending a determined
> 	picture again
> 	- Suspend ESD in the sound events
> 	- When calling somebody from the ILS browser, use the IP and not 	the
> callto
> 	- Fix XDAP, or at least comment out the messages printed in the
> 	terminal
> 	- Fix the status icon, I have new icons since today.
> 	- Add a gconf test on all strings at startup so that GM doesn't 	start
> if keys return NULL.
I don't think this is the right way to fix this. We already have the
gconf_test_age to check schemas are installed. This prevents errors in
90% of the cases. In the end, I don't think this was a good idea, as a
result gm doesn't check for improper values in many places, and I have
my share of guilt for this. Code should be robust against broken gconf
keys, and check for NULLs whenever it gets a string, not just at
startup. For two reasons:
1) Strings can be changed after startup
2) Correctness.
The correct fix here is to audit the code and add the appropriate tests
when strings (or other gconf values) are used, reverting to hardcoded
values or ignoring things when they are wrong.
I wish I could help more on this :(