Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Transparent proxies

Miguel wrote:

A more elaborate proposal comes from manty:
" check the IPs (as there may be many) in IP1 and get only those that
are public, I mean, filter those that are private out of there." Then
choose the first public one. If there are none, check ip2, and finally
ip3.

Comments?
Yes.
As we talked on IRC about the private ranges, you told me to post my results here.

I'd recommend to treat the following subnets as invalid:

Subnet			Description
10.0.0.0/8		private
127.0.0.0/8		loopback
169.254.0.0/16		link local
172.16.0.0/12		private
192.0.2.0/24		testnetwork (documentations)
192.168.0.0/16		private
224.0.0.0/4		internet IPv4 multicast area

see RFC3330 and its references.

J.

--
"Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send."
- J. B. Postel, master of the net.