Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: 2.6 vs 2.4 regression when running gnomemeeting

Johnny Strom wrote:
Damien Sandras wrote:

Hello Christian,

We need your help again. Are you ready to test some changes again in
pwlib/openh323 and see if the result with 2.6 is good or not?

The trick is to edit configure.in of pwlib, and change Line 255 from
  AC_DEFINE(P_HAS_SEMAPHORES, 1, "using semaphores")
into
  AC_DEFINE(P_HAS_SEMAPHORES, 0, "not using semaphores")

It is not a definitive fix, but if it works, we know what to change.
Don't forget to run autoconf and configure again.

Thank you!

PS: if others also have inaudible audio quality on high load with
gnomemeeting running on the 2.6 kernel, please try this too.

I had problems I will test this thanks :)

Cheers Johnny

Hi

Now I can confirm that the sound is good in 2.6 when
it's like this: "P_HAS_SEMAPHORES, 0".

However if I have seti running then the sound get's choppy
and even more so if I don't use nice -19 so I guess that this
is becouse of the new scheduler but I am not sure about that.

Could it be becouse the scheduler dose not see GM as an intreractive
process?

I also have the preemtive on in the 2.6 kernel, and I can imagine that this could make problems for users with a 2.6 kernel togather with GM.

Cheers Johnny