Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Incredible but TRUE

On jeu, 2004-01-08 at 23:45, Damien Sandras wrote:

> But the most important is that I reorganized all GConf keys!
> I suggest you to use gconf-editor to examine the nice structure that
> GnomeMeeting is now having. What does that mean? :

I saw it in the changelog while upgrading this morning ;-)

It looks quite nice indeed in gconf-editor.

I noticed there were a few things that weren't configured in the druid,
that I configured through gconf-editor (while browsing, I know I can
find them in the prefs); for example video preview, the comment&location
for ils...

> - you have to run gnomemeeting-config-tool --clean-schemas as root
> then gnomemeeting-config-tool --install-schemas as root
> and then gnomemeeting-config-tool --clean as user
> if you want to start from a clean structure of the keys.

Done.

> - you will lose all your current settings (impossible to move hundreds
> of options otherwise and suggested to not move following Havoc)

Seen. It would be nice to find a way to make the addressbook shared with
some app.

> - possibly all options are affected, changing them during calls or not
> could simply have no effect. That is a good opportunity to test all
> options, see if they have the required effect and sane default values.

I have other things to do than test (point 6).