Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] 2.6 ALSA goofiness, and another little problem

Le dim 15/02/2004 à 22:16, Pierre-Philippe Coupard a écrit :
> I just installed Linux-2.6.3-rc3 (from 2.4.21) with the in-kernel ALSA driver,
> and everything works fine apart that Gnomemeeting doesn't seem to see the ALSA
> devices anymore, only OSS and Quicknet. I know ALSA works because I use it with
> xmms. I presume it's something to do with libpt-plugins-alsa. I use the latest
> and greatest of everything. Any idea?

What does aplay -l give you as result?

> Also, 2 trifling problems with GM that happen when the ILS directory is
> unreachable for any reason:
>
> 1 - GM regularly opens a popup window to inform the user that it can't connect
> to the directory server. When the server is down for a long time, those popups
> are nagging to close all the time. When the user isn't there to close them, they
> accumulate on the desktop. I had to close 28 of them yesterday :-) Perhaps
> counting the number of times the message is repeated in the same popup would be
> nicer, like Gimp does.

Yes, that could be an idea for > 1.00.

> 2 - GM refuses to stop with the "quit" item in the menu if it's waiting on the
> ILS directory to answer. Or more precisely, the GUI quits, but there's a sticky
> process that refuses to stop. I have to kill it manually from a shell.

No, you just have to wait a few minutes for the different timers to
stop. I think it is 120 seconds.
(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org