Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Instability and old config

Damien Sandras wrote:
What you did is a pretty bad idea. You mention a bug, and a workaround,
but you give no backtrace.

I realize that. However, the problem is long to reproduce, and doesn't always give the same result. In short, what it is, when I go into the call history after 1 or 2 days (from the menu from the KDE dockapp), either the call history doesn't come up at all but GM otherwise works fine, or it segfaults (less often). I'm not certain if it happens only 1 or 2 days after I answer at least one call or not, but it would appear so. That's why I want more time to test, and also that's why I reinstalled all the latest libs and zapped my config tree, to make sure I eliminate variables from the equation.

The other thing that happened to me today with the latest cvs snapshot, and that prompted me to change all the libs and config, is that I rebuilt GM and tried to answer a call with the upper-right icon (the problem I reported the other day), and it worked once, then GM crashed the second time. After recompiling and reinstalling afresh, it now seems to work fine, but I want to stress it more to be sure.

As a conclusion, the problem you are
mentionning (if any) won't be fixed before the release.

Well I'm sorry, but the problem occurs after hours and hours of GM working fine, so I can't compile facts about it faster than it deigns to come up.

Flushing the GConf keys is not required, I never do it.

That's what I figured too, but I thought I'd ask. Having been in QA before, I usually tend to try reproducing a problem on a particular environment, where it happens, but in this case, it's just too elusive, so I wanted a clean install to assert how and when it happens, and to ensure it wasn't a result of something goofed up in my install.

I really expect it !

Unless something obvious comes up (especially regarding the call icon), I don't expect to be able to tell you more for at least 2 days.

--
Pierre-Philippe Coupard <pcoupard easyconnect fr>
Software Engineer