Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] 1.00 Freeze

Le mar 27/01/2004 à 11:11, Miguel Rodríguez a écrit :
> El mar, 27-01-2004 a las 10:59, Damien Sandras escribió:
> > Here are the things that remain to do :
> > 	- Fixing unknown bugs
> I don't think this will be done on time ;)
> > 	- Fix the fullscreen mode

DONE

> > 	- Fix the picture plugin so that it accepts sending a determined
> > 	picture again
> > 	- Suspend ESD in the sound events
> > 	- When calling somebody from the ILS browser, use the IP and not 	the
> > callto
> > 	- Fix XDAP, or at least comment out the messages printed in the
> > 	terminal
> > 	- Fix the status icon, I have new icons since today.
> > 	- Add a gconf test on all strings at startup so that GM doesn't 	start
> > if keys return NULL.
> I don't think this is the right way to fix this. We already have the
> gconf_test_age to check schemas are installed. This prevents errors in
> 90% of the cases. In the end, I don't think this was a good idea, as a
> result gm doesn't check for improper values in many places, and I have
> my share of guilt for this. Code should be robust against broken gconf
> keys, and check for NULLs whenever it gets a string, not just at
> startup. For two reasons:
> 1) Strings can be changed after startup
> 2) Correctness.
> The correct fix here is to audit the code and add the appropriate tests
> when strings (or other gconf values) are used, reverting to hardcoded
> values or ignoring things when they are wrong.
> I wish I could help more on this :(

Don't feel guilty anymore. It is now fixed in CVS. I ran GnomeMeeting
with no schemas installed at all, and a correct value for
gconf_test_age. It worked pretty well except that all settings had no
correct values, that no devices were detected and that the audio codecs
list was empty. But no crash. That's what matters...