Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] SIP questions

Hi Florin,

Am Dienstag, den 21.12.2004, 10:19 -0800 schrieb Florin Andrei:
> Hi,
>
> Congrats for the latest stable release, it's pretty cool!

thanks!

> It is my understanding that, from now on, the development branch of GM
> will start including some SIP functionality.
> Are you guys planning to release snapshots of it? You know, not the
> plain CVS tree, which may not even compile, but tarballs that are almost
> usable (at least the basic stuff works and it does not crap out at the
> first touch).

The cvs snapshots are there, but there's no guarantee they're alpha or
even beta. You may try yourself with opal and gnomemeeting-cvs-opal from
http://snapshots.seconix.com/cvs/

> I'd like to give it (the SIP devel branch) some aggressive testing
> but... well, i'm not sure i have the resources to follow a live CVS
> tree. Plus, if there will ever be a Windows version of it, i'll
> definitely not be able to compile it on Windows.

For the compilation we'll be trying to provide binary snapshots time
permitting. That's also true for windows. But windows gotta compile
first at all :-P

> I'm looking forward to the next great audio+video SIP client! :-)

Stay tuned to this channel for updates. Yet don't expect many important
changes on that before spring 2005.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian