Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] openh323 Build Error on x86_64

On 04.08.27, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > 	For fun, I tried running the "autogen.sh" script.  It replied
> > that I need to install the gnome-common module and make sure that the
> > gnome-autogen.sh script is in my path.  I hopped over to www.gnome.org
> > and the sources for GNOME 2.6.2 on ftp.gnome.org, but didn't see
> > anything named "gnome-common".
>
> It should be provided by your distribution, if not, it is in
> cvS.gnome.org, module "gnome-common".

	Since I'm not a registered gnome developer,
"anoncvs.gnome.org".  Once fetched, the contents of gnome-common had
to be augogen'd and make'd.  This left me with
"macros2/gnome-autogen.sh".  I dutifully added the "macros2" directory
to my PATH, and proceeded to the nect complaint.

	The next complaint by the gnomemeeting autogen procedure was:

    Package libebook-1.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.

	A Google search made me surmise that libebook is something
GNOMEish.  However, an attempt to take the "GNOME CVS Online Browser"
link on "http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html"; failed:

    Not Found

    The requested URL /bonsai/rview.cgi was not found on this server.
    Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) Server at cvs.gnome.org Port 80

Sigh.

	So, I checked out CVSROOT from anoncvs.gnome.org, and looked
in the modules file.  "gnome-libs" was suggestive, but unproductive.
Checkout on the module "gnome" failed, apparently due to the missing
modules "gnome-dom" and "audiofile".  Checking out the
evolution-data-server module (a refinement suggested by rereading the
results of the Google search) appears to have located the missing
library.

	The evolution data server has quite a few files; the word
"enormous" comes to mind.  It, too, will need to be autogen'd; not to
mention, I don't know exactly what a "pkg-config search path" entails.

	Perhaps someone can point me in the direction of a shortcut?

					Craig Milo Rogers