Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] DBUS component for gnomemeeting

Le lun, 23/08/2004 à 09:22 +0200, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> > * the port got lost: that address can't be used to call back right after
> > the call (the much too famous "Oops, I forgot to tell him/her that ..."
> > situation);
> > * the explicit address has been lost in favor of the ip, which means
> > that address is worthless for an addressbook.
> > ==> Damien, is it something we can fix?
> Yes and no... Actually the url is a best guess, and it is not always
> possible to determine the remote port. I will check the code and see if
> it can be fixed or not. If not, we could always reuse the URL from the
> url bar if it is a call made by the local gnomemeeting. If it is a call
> made by a remote gnomemeeting, you can not necessarily know what port it
> is listening on as that port is not used during the call...

In fact, GetRemoteConnectionInfo gets the url from the (lowlevel)
H323Connection, which has no need for a (highlevel) url. Would it be
possible for the endpoint to store for each call the url used to get it,
if there was any?

That way, GetRemoteConnectionInfo would do something like (pseudo-code):
if (storedUrl)
  return_url is storedURL
else
  return_url is H323ConnectionURL