Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] DBUS component for gnomemeeting

Le dimanche 22 août 2004 à 20:19 +0200, PUYDT Julien a écrit :
> Le dim, 22/08/2004 à 13:23 +0200, PUYDT Julien a écrit :
> > My future goals are:
> > * reflect the state of gnomemeeting automatically;
> > * get the name, url and application name of the remote user when in a
> > call.
>
> Done. [name, url and app printed in the console of gm_remote!]
>
> Notice that I connected to "h323:turing:1740", and got
> "h323:192.168.0.1" as remote address in the console ; that is bad for
> two reasons:
> * the port got lost: that address can't be used to call back right after
> the call (the much too famous "Oops, I forgot to tell him/her that ..."
> situation);
> * the explicit address has been lost in favor of the ip, which means
> that address is worthless for an addressbook.
> ==> Damien, is it something we can fix?

Yes and no... Actually the url is a best guess, and it is not always
possible to determine the remote port. I will check the code and see if
it can be fixed or not. If not, we could always reuse the URL from the
url bar if it is a call made by the local gnomemeeting. If it is a call
made by a remote gnomemeeting, you can not necessarily know what port it
is listening on as that port is not used during the call...
//\     FOSDEM      : http://www.fosdem.org