Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] GnomeMeeting in the very near future

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 07:33 +0200, PUYDT Julien wrote:
> Bonobo doesn't run on win32 as far as we know, and isn't kde-friendly,
> so that means if we go for bonobo, we'll have to add yet another
> implementation of that too.

What do you mean but "not-kde friendly". Is there a real reason why it
should not be used under kde (of the kind of makes kde unusable, or the
*user* notices because of a, b and c?)
> > Ugh. More custom protocols for doing IPC is something we don't need
> > really. What is keeping you from using ORBit/Bonobo for this? It is
> > portable. As portable as using other unix sockets is anyway, since that
> > is all that ORBit does for the IPC communication. It just happens to
> > already be a full-fledged standard that is widely used for doing things.
> > The GNOME build is going to depend on bonobo anyway.
>
> Quite true, but at least it will work for gnome+kde+win32...

Again, AFAIK ORBit/Bonobo works great under KDE. In fact it does under
fvwm...
Don't know about win32, but i would guess the non-ui part of bonobo
should be easily portable.