Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] GnomeMeeting in the very near future

On lun, 2004-04-26 at 22:37, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > I would rather have a nice internal api to control gm, that would allow
> > to control gm through bonobo, dbus, socket _and_ any scripting language
> > (all of them at the same time on any sane platform).
> >

> And allow kparts, coffee, and so on...
>
> Too many possibilities and too much code for such a feature Julien!
> Don't make me become crazy...
>
> Moreover DBUS and bonobo are completely different concepts.

Too much code!? Quite the contrary, it would make the code to manage a
component only the code needed to manage the component, and nothing
more: the rest would be shared!

Think about a function gnomemeeting_external_do_foo, that all components
would call: the same code shared by all "components". The components
would just wrap those functions.