Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Gnome-vfs support for the static image loading

On jeu, 2004-04-08 at 17:44, Damien Sandras wrote:

> Julien will give his opinion here, but I'm sorry to say I don't like the
> idea of having 2 new files just for VFS. Why don't you simply use the
> normal DISABLE_GNOME flags inside vfakio.cpp ?
>
> I think that would be cleaner, if we had to create 2 separate sources
> for the GNOME and the non-GNOME case each time, GM would be a mess and
> very hard to maintain. (We now have 2 vfakio versions to maintain
> instead of one).

First, I would like to ask something: I don't understand what happens if
the link comes down? I mean, I see the loading begins, the part of the
image get updated, but no error handling...

Second, having two vfakeio with so much shared code seems like a bad
idea. Would it be possible to do the following:
1) have a lib/gm_load_picture.h, that gives a basic api (say GdkPixbuf
*gm_load_picture (const gchar *)), and two implementations,
lib/gm_load_picture-gtk.c and lib/gm_load_picture-vfs.c ?
2) make gm_load_picture-vfs.c first create a black pixbuf of the right
size, and update it when things come;
3) of course, doing things like freeing the GdkPixbuf* would give
headaches.

I'm not sure if that feature is really worth all that...