Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Gnome-vfs support for the static image loading

Hello,

Le jeu, 08/04/2004 à 17:32 +0200, Miguel Rodríguez Pérez a écrit :

> Here it goes the latest version of the patch. I have corrected some
> minor coding style issues (loader_area_updated should be called
> loader_area_updated_cb) and tried to follow GM's doc style (hope I did
> get it right this time).
> I have also made the compilation optional depending on the macro
> DISABLE_GNOME. For this I created two new files vfakeio-vfs.cpp and
> vfakeio-vfs.h that replace vfakeio.cpp and vfakeio.h when DISABLE_GNOME
> is undefined.

Julien will give his opinion here, but I'm sorry to say I don't like the
idea of having 2 new files just for VFS. Why don't you simply use the
normal DISABLE_GNOME flags inside vfakio.cpp ?

I think that would be cleaner, if we had to create 2 separate sources
for the GNOME and the non-GNOME case each time, GM would be a mess and
very hard to maintain. (We now have 2 vfakio versions to maintain
instead of one).

> Do I commit?

No, I'm sorry :(
I'm not trying to be boring or to add you more work, that vfs idea is
nice, the code is ok, but well, having 2 more files just doesn't fit my
policy.

If you revert to 1 file, then you can commit.

> PS: Damien, I'm missing some mails from the list (mails I sent and the
> last mail from Craig). Can you check everything is ok? Thanks.

I'm not GNOME.org admin and I have no way to check, but I can confirm I
have received everything.

> El jue, 08-04-2004 a las 13:20, +0200, Damien Sandras escribió:
>
> > Mmmh, why do you need to modify vfakeio.cpp so much just to load an
> > image one time?
> >
> > Isn't it possible to minimize the class variables?
> >
> > Ps: your new functions do not follow GM's doc style. (see endpoint.h)

//\     FOSDEM:  http://www.fosdem.org
v_/_