Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] New Druid Audio Test

Hi!
I've tested the druid with version (0.99.0-20030902) from Kilian.

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 00:11, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> -------
>
> The druid audio test has been updated tonight. It is still unfinished
> but I would like you to test basic functionnality.
>
> When you click on the "Test" button, no popups are displayed, but if you
> talk, you should hear yourself with a delay of about 4 seconds.

When I click the test button there's one popup ("GnomeMeeting is
recording from..."), after a while comes up another one ("GnomeMeeting
is playing from... with a 3 second delay..."). So, I am not sure of what
"no popups are displayed" means, or if I am using the right version to
test.

I noticed that pressing many times (repeatedly) the test button gives a
lot of popup windows that are not cleaned later on when the druid is
closed. (I have a very uninteresting screen-shot with many of these
popups on the desktop ;-)

A part from that, I had problems with the video test, although not
related to GM, I am using  PWC driver for a Creative Webcam 5, it has
always worked fine, but now neither GM nor xawtv will let me display
images from the cam unless I have PWCX module loaded... but that must be
a driver problem rather than a GM or xawtv of course...

> When you click again, the test should stop.
> Please give me reports about the sound quality with OSS and ALSA.

Sound quality is good with OSS.

> Also, test weird things like quitting or doing calls while the test is
> running :)

That I haven't tried.

> --------
>
> Another discussion (we will see who read the mail).
>

> Would it be preferable to:
> - keep the old popups indicating that GnomeMeeting is recording from the
> audio device and that voice is played with a 4 seconds delay
> OR
> - Integrate sort of an history (like the generic history) directly in
> the druid. That history would contain errors in RED, explanations in
> black, and hints (check full-duplex, check permissions, ...) in italic.
>
> The problem with choice 2 is that it would make the druid higher. But I
> plan to rewrite it anyway.
>
> I vote for 2)

Since I don't need to code it ;-) ... I vote for 2, but 1 is ok with me,
it is pretty clear where I am... although I don't have a clue of what
the video tests (1 to 4) are... but well, an average user wouldn't care
about it if at the end it says, "yep, everything OK!" ;-)

/Josep