Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] New Druid Audio Test

Hi ;)

> The druid audio test has been updated tonight. It is still unfinished
> but I would like you to test basic functionnality.
>
> When you click on the "Test" button, no popups are displayed, but if you
> talk, you should hear yourself with a delay of about 4 seconds.
>
> When you click again, the test should stop.

works fine. it however doesn't stop when u abort or proceed to the next
page ;)

> Please give me reports about the sound quality with OSS and ALSA.

tested with ALSA (OSS is obsolete anyway ;))

> --------
>
> Another discussion (we will see who read the mail).
>

> Would it be preferable to:
> - keep the old popups indicating that GnomeMeeting is recording from the
> audio device and that voice is played with a 4 seconds delay

does clearify there's something going on. i think that's much better
than the integrated way like now.

> OR
> - Integrate sort of an history (like the generic history) directly in
> the druid. That history would contain errors in RED, explanations in
> black, and hints (check full-duplex, check permissions, ...) in italic.

i think (regarding the thread), that we could use an indicator bar at
the top of the druid telling like

| Begin | Personal | Connection | Audio | Video | PC2Phone | DONE |

which will show where u are. (at least i think that was what zanee
meant..

objections?

--
Best regards,