Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: Addressbook again

Le mer 29/10/2003 à 16:02, Hakon Gunsen a écrit :
> OK, here are my updated comments.
> I agree mostly with the "speedDial = favourite" thinking. I only see a
> problem
> if you don't really care for speedDials as they are designed, but you
> still want
> to have the benefits of a speedDial menu.

I agree.

> I'm not saying speedDials are bad, but if you don't like the idea of
> remembering numbers associated to people - it might seem a little
> confusing
> that you have to come up with a random number, just so that the
> contact will be
> included in the speedDial menu. But I guess I could take that. :)

I agree with that too. However, you have to think to the behavior of
cellphone or of a normal phone. The main feature is the speed dial to
quickly dial the persons you are dialing the most often, the secondary
feature is the speed dial menu.

> About where to place the menu - Calls menu is good, with the design
> you suggested.
> I think I liked the arrow thing better, but if that's hard to code
> then I'm not gonna argue. ;)

That is the same complexity. But with the call menu, we can show to the
users that the persons displayed are actually people with speed dials,
we can not do that with the arrow. I fear most users do not think to
click on the arrow.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org