Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] gm crashing: I did it!

Hi Julien,

I'm unfortunately aware of this. The problem is not GnomeMeeting but
GConf. For a reason that I don't understand, when you "unset" a key
(gconftool-2 --unset) that has no default value (like when you delete a
non-empty group) while gconf notifiers are listening for modifications,
GConf crashes and GM too. The workaround in GnomeMeeting is to first
delete the notifiers, unset the key, reload the notifiers. But if you do
it from withing GConf, it will crash.

I need to find a way to reproduce this in a small test case program and
mail it to Havoc so that he fixes the problem.

A backtrace shows the problem appears in internal gconf functions.