[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] CVS Changes - 12 october 2003

Hello to all,

I've reviewed the addressbook code for the 1.00 release. I consider it as ready, and cleaned.
Moreover, I think the addressbook has now all features required for a 1.00 release.

Here are the changes :

* Allow to have a group name identical to a server name while keeping them distinct and vice-versa.
It was not possible before and I regret nobody has ever complained about it.

* Keep the last selected page as current when deleting, adding or renaming a group or a server.
When deleting a group or server name, the current selection was always going back to the first
server.

* Automatically enable the current group in the groups list when adding a new contact.
That is something Kilian had suggested a while ago.

* Added a menu entry to the right-click menu to copy the URL of the currently selected contact to the clipboard.
That is something Jan suggested this morning.

* Many code cleanups and added functions to ease code reading. Added confirmation dialogs here
and there.

Now the tests that everybody should do :
Try to test limit cases with the addressbook. Here are some things out of the top of my head :
- delete all groups
- try to rename a group with another already existing group name
- try to rename a group with another already existing group name but with a different case
- add a group with the same name as a server name
- rename one of them
- test drag-and-drop
- when editing the contact properties, try to change the URL to an already existing URL
- when editing the contact properties, try to change the URL to an already existing name
- when editing the contact properties, try to change the URL to an already existing speed dial
- when editing the contact properties, try to change the URL and add // to it (h323:123 -> h323://123)
- when editing the contact properties, try to change the URL and change the case
- try to add a contact with the same URL as another one
- try to add a contact with the same URL but with a different case than another contact,
in the same group and in another group
- try similar things with servers and groups
- do not limit yourself to those tests !
- ...

We will have a good 1.00 release if testers can confirm that kind of things work.
--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org