SV: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Do we close the gnomemeeting-list mailing list?

Yeah! I think a forum would be very nice.
I too consider it more user-friendly for an everyday user. So I'd say, go for a forum only, if it's not too much trouble with the maintenance.
It would be faster to overview a thread, and searching for previous discussions would be easy.
Then for those who are interested in being notified when new topics emerge, without having to visit the forum just to check...
maybe it would be possible to have the forum server maling those persons, only when a new topic is created. Then they'll have to decide if they want to "watch" that topic as receiving email notifications when new postings are done there.
As an alternative, or compliment, maybe there could also be an RSS document linked to the forum, so that you could for example have Evolution's "My Summary" displaying the latest topics.

Hakon