Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Poll: Is GnomeMeeting ready for 1.00

On 12 Jun 2003 10:32:32 +0200, Damien Sandras wrote
> Hi,
>
> Le jeu 12/06/2003 à 09:58, Yann Klis a écrit :
> > Hello,
> >
> > Just to mention a little bug that occurs with GnomeMeeting 0.96 and I'm
> > wondering if it was corrected in newer releases.
>
> If nobody reported it, I suppose not ;)
>
> > It concerns firewire support. When the DV Cam has not been powered up,
> > GnomeMeeting cannot start, it seems waiting on the camera to be powered up.
>
> Then it is a bug in the devices detection code of pwlib, FireWire
> part...

I think so as ohphone is affected as well.

> > Instead of that behavior, wouln't be better to start GnomeMeeting and display
> > a message like "No Camera on the Firewire bus detected" and detects afert the
> > launch of GM if a camera is present on the bus ?
> >

> It would indeed be better to not detect the device at all.

In fact, this way works :
- power up the cam
- launch GnomeMeeting
- power off the cam
Now GM just displays the last image display by the cam, which is relatively
good from an end user point of view.
- power up the cam
After a few seconds, GM re-displays the video flux providing by the cam.
So the problem just occurs at the initialization of the firewire part of pwlib.

> There is not much I can do about this bug as :
> - it doesn't occur in GnomeMeeting really
> - I have no firewire
>
> Would it be possible for you to report that bug to Georgi?

Of course!
But I think Georgi is subscribed to this list.

Thanks a lot :)

++

yk