[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [CODE] v4l and avc drivers for the PVideoInputManager

Ok, now those are the sources of the v4l and ieee1394avc plugins. They
need you to have the libpt-dev package installed (even without the
patch), but aren't tied to pwlib's sources: they should become a
separate lib, in my opinion.

Typing "make" in the upper level directory should compile them... but
notice that for avc, you'll need some libs (rom1394, raw1394 and dv come
to mind). You can type "make v4l" to only build v4l. The Makefile plain
sucks: I looked how pwlib compiled on my box, and adapted the line (I
run a 2.4.21, for example...); this is a beginning.

The built plugins can be found in lib/video/, and should be copied in
/usr/lib/pwlib/video/ to get detected by the manager.

As you'll see, I basically cut and pasted the drivers coming from pwlib.
As such, I don't feel entitled to any author rights on that code. I did
even go as far as not touching the beginning of the files with the
licences, filename included.

Let me end this mail by some driver ideas, for you to write:
* I didn't port the dc driver, that would be a really easy work;
* gm's moving logo could be turned into a plugin, and gm would use the
manager to load it, then get it (PVideoInputManager::LoadPlugin, then if
it didn't fail, PVideoInputManager::GetDevice), that would be easy;
* a driver that would open some video file (whatever the format), and
play it as a video source (that would be useful to turn gm into an
answering machine), I don't know if that's easy or not;

Snark

PS: how to debug a driver? Well, compile it with -DPTRACING=1, use
PTRACE a lot in it, and run gm with --debug=<what is needed to get your
messages>.