Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Manual

Le ven 28/02/2003 à 16:17, Matthias Redlich a écrit :
> Hi Damien,
>
> I do not understand why you sent this mail although Matthias and me
> already said that we would do this. I did *not* say that just for fun.

I know you promised, but it is nearly one month since the last update
and I'm used to people who promise me things that never come. That mail
was a reminder.

> > However, the manual content on the wiki hasn't been updated since 26
> > days.
>
> True. Actually I am the only one who has written some parts of the
> manual so far. I wanted to wait some time for other contributors (like
> Matthias) and see how they would have written the manual and compare it
> mine - I am still waiting. Additionally there was a discussion on this
> list about the manual and I do not think that all questions have been
> answered.

Probably not, it means that people ready to help for the manual have to
investigate and ask questions to people having answers.
For example :
- "should the manual contain a description of all options, or simply
help the user to use the program (adding contacts to the addressbook,
calling other users, and more functionnal stuff)?"

I'm not the one to answer this. Perhaps help can be found on the
gnome-doc mailing list as already suggested.

But if nobody moves forward, there won't be any progress before
GnomeMeeting 3.0 ;)

> I will not continue until I know what I should change and how the others
> would do it.

Why don't you ask to people who defined what a manual should contain for
GNOME programs? I think we should refer to them. Everybody has a
different opinion of what is and what is not an User Manual. So the best
is to ask it to people who wrote docs about GNOME manuals.

> > My question is: "Will I have to do the manual myself too if I want it to
> > be ready for 0.98.0 aka 1.00 Beta1 ?"
>
> 0.98 will be released in about 2 months, thus we still have some time.

It could be faster than 2 months, and 2 months is not a lot to write
something of quality.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org