Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Manual

Hey all,

This is all starting to scare me a little bit. The reason to why it
scares me is the talk about manuals,FAQ and things like that.

Some things I don't really understand why some people do not understand
are the differenses between the FAQ,manuals and docs.

AFAIK

FAQ section is just direct answers to questions that has been asked many
times either on the list or in other mails. Maybe even IRC. But the FAQ
should not really contain anything else more then direct answers.
Example:
Question: What is gnomemeeting?
Answer: GnomeMeeting is an H.323 compatible videoconferencing and
VOIP/IP-Telephony application.......

Manuals should not be explained with every little detailed information
because if you look at a manual you want to know. It should be small but
still useful. (Hard to explain)

1. How I start using the application.
2. Small examples of how to run the applikation in different ways.
3. Parameters for the use of gnomemeeting.

Documents are more detailed with information and can be changed from
time to time. A document can have both html,pdf and txt versions and
should be converted from a makefile. A document contains sections of
usage for the different parts of the application it explains. The FAQ
could be build this way...yes...but documents are more likely to have
the sections then the FAQ. But the size of the document depends a lot on
how you want to write it. (Book or Article)

So my question now is: Why is this all a trouble?

Manual:    Short with good information of usage of the application.
FAQ:       Directly answered questions without subsections.
Documents: Contains more "in detailed" information about the application
and is the one most likely searched for on the site.

IMHO I see the FAQ section on the site is starting to look like a
Document more then a FAQ.

Regards,

PS: Or am I wrong? :DS
--