Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Manual

i think you should have a simple manual for the windows migrators. very simple to get them started. then you should also have a nice big thick manual that deseribes everything in detail. if the simple one is not adequate you have the detailed one to send them to. I am not at all familiar with netmeeting, which is one of my problems understanding gnomemeeeting, as i started visual work with ymessenger which is simple enough for those who have zero background. super simple
operating.
and some explanations on why gnomemeeting does not work on netmeeting. following some of your comments on the list has explained that. and why try maneuvering gnomemeeting around with a cheat program so it will work on M$ netmeeting servers??? see your point on that. the big idea with linux altogether is to migrate away from the bugware outfit. i am sure someone out in the linux area will figure out a way to circumvent the barriers for those who desperately want gnomemeeting to work on the M$ servers. your comments on those servers are noted.

to answer your question in detail
1 yes. remember. there are people out there that started out with ymessenger, and don't have a
   real grasp of netmeeting, and all its intricacies.

2. put in a short description in the manual with a reference for the complete details to the more
    thorough description in the detailed manual.

3. yes. because you have to allow for questions from people who are nowhere near as skilled as the majority of people on this list. will save you a lot of questioning in the future. simple explanations in the simple manual to assist people who are appliance operator level in computers. save you some
      headaches.
keep up the good work! your efforts are appreciated. Damien Sandras wrote:

I have a few questions for people writing the manual and we should take
a decision here :)

1) Shoudl the manual explain to the user how to call other users in
various cases (ILS, gatekeeper, no ILS and no Gatekeeper, ...) ?

I think so...

2) Should the manual describe point by point each of the GM windows?

I wonder....

3) Should the manual describe easy and self-explanatory options like
"Show splash screen" -> If enabled, ..., if disabled, ...

I don't think so. I think such easy options should not be explained.

Ideas? Comments?