[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Little V4L glitch

Hi,

as I installed on a new hd today, I stumbled upon the following problem
when I configured gnomemeeting: V4L couldn't find any device...

I quickly checked that the videodev and pwc modules were loaded, and
that my cam had been recognized as video0.

I had to strace gm to find the solution: there was no /dev/video0
device... The solution is to run "MAKEDEV video" as root.

I don't know how it is possible that I got a system installed without
those devices, but it's good to know such things can happen: now we know
what to do in that case...