Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] GM issues..

Hi,

Le ven 26/12/2003 à 19:39, Kilian Krause a écrit :
> Hi guys,
>
> while heavy duty testing (personal normal operation mode *ggg*) i did
> encounter the following issues:
>
> 1.) Video Plugins cannot be changed while in a call (i can modify
> whatever I wish *within* the same plugin, but I cannot switch live to my
> freshly plugged in cam once I have started the call sending MovingLogo)

Yes, that's a feature. You can change the device for a given plugin, but
not the plugin itself.

> 2.) ALSA IS *CRAP*... whatever is making this issue burst up, my PC

No, Linux is *CRAP*, not ALSA. (just kidding)

> freezes that hard when ending a call that i have to push the hardware
> reset button.. no other lifesign from local or remote possible

Are you sure it is ALSA? ALSA is usually very stable, but USB is not. I
think USB is the worse part of the Kernel.

> Probably the new ALSA-fix within the alsa.so does break as I feared ..

That's technically not possible.

> Or maybe the ALSA API doesn't "Abort" for some reason or something else
> happens that I cannot track down for I do not even see any Kernel Oops..

> 3.) OSS emu of ALSA is being disconnected from playback (not from
> recording -- funny that is) when the local CPU burst into 100% load for
> a splitsecond even.. (like launching Mozilla or stuff).. so the remote
> can still hear me fine, but i have nothing more being played..

Just check the debug output to be able to determine why it happens. If
the device becomes unavailable, then it probably closes the stream,
which is a normal behavior.

> Anybody else having these issues on 2.4.23?

Not me, but I'm having zillion other problems with 2.6 and USB.
(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.
        FOSDEM 2004:  http://www.fosdem.org