Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] bandwidth limit

Le mar 09/12/2003 à 15:03, Johnny Strom a écrit :
> Damien Sandras wrote:
> > Hi to all,
> >
> > You all know that GnomeMeeting can put a bandwidth limitation for the
> > video codec then modify the framerate and quality trying to reach that
> > bandwidth limit.
> >
> > I will add tonight a new parameter which is a general bandwidth
> > limitator influencing the codecs negotiation. For example, you have a
> > dialup connection (56 kbits) and you put G.711 as first codec (64
> > kbits).
> >
> > GnomeMeeting will start the connection, will try to open the logical
> > channel for G.711 because it is the prefered codec for transmission and
> > because it is supported by the remote user, but it will fail because it
> > would eat your 56k. It will then try to open the second prefered codec
> > in your list (say GSM - 13 kbits) and it will work. The same applies for
> > the reception.
> >
> > Where in the preferences should I place that option?
> >
> > Should I give the user the possibility to choose his bandwidth, or
> > should I simply let him choose his connection type (like in Netmeeting
> > and like in the Configuration Assistant) ?
> >
> > I vote for letting him choose his connection type only (most users have
> > no clue about bandwidth and such), but where should I place that option?
> > General ?
> >
> > Thanks,
>

> Hi
>
> Perhaps where the list of sound codecs are.
>
> Cheers Johnny
same as johnny said.
would it be possible/usefull to grey some codecs in the list when you
choose the connection type, so regarding what connection type you setted
it will let disponible the codecs that fit these connection ?

Fabrice
--
Fabrice Alphonso
Translation Maintainer - GnomeMeeting Team