Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Feedback

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 11:17, Damien Sandras wrote:
> Le ven 05/12/2003 à 10:57, Josep Puigdemont a écrit :
> > Damien,
> > I have observed one strange thing, it might be a faulty config, but here
> > we go:
> > I have 2 sound cards, one using OSS and the other one using ALSA.
> >
> > When I have OSS selected and play the sound event for "busy tone" I hear
> > 3 times "tuut", so in morse code "- - -" or ". . ." ;-) Well, in fact
> > all sounds are shorter in ALSA (so maybe I am hearing the three of them,
> > but really fast), so, what have I done wrong? ;-)
>
> Perhaps one of the 2 soundcards doesn't support the required frequency.
> It could be a driver difference, that is why I suggest you to try the
> following : playing the sound event on the same soundcard, once with the
> ALSA plugin and once with the OSS plugin.

I'd like to test that, but right now I don't have time to figure out how
to make a VIA-82XX be handled by OSS instead of ALSA, so I ask the list,
any hints? ;-)

Actually during a call the sound is good using the VIA-82xx chip (and
full-duplex), it is just the event sound that isn't ok, are there any
differences between the two cases?

The other sound card is a SB Live!

> The purpose is to determine if it is the driver's fault, the plugin's
> fault, or simply a hardware difference... (would be weird)
>
> I tried here and I hear no difference.
>
> Others could try too.

Anyone has experienced the same problem, btw?

/Josep