Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Feedback

Le ven 05/12/2003 à 10:57, Josep Puigdemont a écrit :
> Damien,
> I have observed one strange thing, it might be a faulty config, but here
> we go:
> I have 2 sound cards, one using OSS and the other one using ALSA.
>
> When I have OSS selected and play the sound event for "busy tone" I hear
> 3 times "tuut", so in morse code "- - -" or ". . ." ;-) Well, in fact
> all sounds are shorter in ALSA (so maybe I am hearing the three of them,
> but really fast), so, what have I done wrong? ;-)

Perhaps one of the 2 soundcards doesn't support the required frequency.
It could be a driver difference, that is why I suggest you to try the
following : playing the sound event on the same soundcard, once with the
ALSA plugin and once with the OSS plugin.

The purpose is to determine if it is the driver's fault, the plugin's
fault, or simply a hardware difference... (would be weird)

I tried here and I hear no difference.

Others could try too.
(o-
//\     It-Optics s.a.