[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] CVS and tests

Hello to all,

I've the feeling to become slightly boring, but we currently have a big
problem that will delay the GnomeMeeting development : no CVS testers.

Some people are doing a great job maintaining CVS packages for several
distributions. Those packages are built every day. It means that testing
GnomeMeeting CVS is something relatively easy to do.

You will easily understand that given my low amount of free time, I
can't code AND carefully test what I code. I have to rely on others.
Currently, very few people are testing, and I think that people are
completely ignoring my mails with tests to do.

Testing is something that can be really quick if you share the task. It
is also the most important task together with coding, because the
quality of the project depends on the way people tested it before
releases. You will notice that we had very few bug reports for 0.98,
because it was well tested. That is something very good for the
reputation of the project.

I have decided that I will STOP coding until I receive a mail with a new
testing crew that will be motivated to test and break GnomeMeeting
(testing what works doesn't make sense at all). I expect a list of 3 to
5 persons that will share the tests and send me regular reports about
what they tested. Sorry, but that is very important, and I don't want to
continue to code new stuff that is not enough tested. Currently, the
main tester and packager has always been Kilian, but Kilian has also
other things to do and can't do everything alone.

Sorry for those I have offended with this mail,
--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org