[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [RC1] the "This must end some day near" release

Hi,

this version mostly differs from the previous (BETA5) as it now
builds&installs within the pwlib tree correctly:
* configure has a --enable-plugins switch to, well, enable plugins
(thanks Damien ;-) ); it will try to build all plugins by default, but:
* there is also a --with-plugins switch, to limit the list of plugins to
try to build; for example "--with-plugins=v4l,avc" won't even consider
dc (but you still have to --enable-plugins !);
* configure tests if the system has what's needed to build a plugin, and
abandons it if it finds the answer is no;
* the plugins/Makefile has more targets, to make matti happy ;-)

The only modification to the sources themselves are in the manager,
where I replaced the current debugging messages (always on) by usual
PTRACE calls.

To summarize, installing this in pwlib is just a matter of:
* using pwlib.patch;
* remaking the configure script (!);
* copying video_input.h to $(PWLIBDIR)/include/ptlib/ (note: and not
include/ptlib/unix/ptlib, since the declaration of the class is
arch-indep);
* copying vidin_manager_dlopen.cxx to $(PWLIBDIR)/src/ptlib/unix/ (the
implementation of the manager class is arch-dep);
* copying (-R) the plugins/ dir to $(PWLIBDIR);
* configure the sources with the --enable-plugins switch, to build all
plugins you have the deps for;
* build&install as usual;

To use it in gnomemeeting is just the same gm.patch as usual...

TEST! TEST! TEST! REPORT! REPORT! REPORT!

Snark

PS: report on the ml, because telling me it works on the channel doesn't
give me a nice congratulations' thread to show equivalence that it
really works well.