[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [BETA5] the "I think it becomes good enough for inclusion!" release

Hi,

In this release:
* the way to implement a plugin changed a little: now, I defined a macro
that makes it possible to just DECLARE_VIDEOINPUT_PLUGIN("PI",
PVideoInputPiDevice)! To make it more explicit: writing a plugin is now
just a matter of having this sort of magic line+implementing a
PVideoInputDevice... no need to define static extern "C" thingies: the
macro does it all for you!
* the manager checks for the type of plugins; may come in handy if the
number of possible types of plugins grows; it isn't seen by the drivers'
authors, since the macro hides it ;-)
* a little compiler-warning change in the manager;
* the plugins/Makefile has changed... hopefully it is more manageable
for packagers wanting to include these betas (ie: dominance, who helped
me get it this way);
* the avc plugin has a little compiler-warning fix;
* Damien helped me to fix a long-standing detection-of-an-already-opened
device issue I discovered only this afternoon -- in the v4l plugin;
* all plugins use the macro, hence declare their type to the manager;

I also changed my packaging a little, to begin the transformation to
something upstream may accept:
* gm.patch is the same patch as usual for gm, it may help upstream to
see how easy and nice it is to use those plugins+their manager;
* video_plugins.h belongs to $(PWLIBDIR)/include/ptlib/unix/ptlib/ ;
* vidin_manager_dlopen.cxx belongs to$(PWLIBDIR)/src/ptlib/unix/ ;
* plugins/ belongs to $(PWLIBDIR) ;
* pwlib.patch adds the manager and the plugins in the make targets, and
video_plugins.h to pwlib's video subsystem, ie: with it you should be
able to use make opt optshared install and have the plugins.

If you want to help, integration into pwlib's build system would be a
nice way... for now, the includes, switches, etc... are all written in
the plugins/Makefile, and not obtained through the rest of the build...