[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: GnomeMeeting branched

mån 2003-08-04 klockan 22.48 skrev Damien Sandras:
> Notice development will continue on HEAD only and only bugfixes for the
> 0.98 release will be committed to gnome_2_4. A new release of the 0.98
> version (ie 0.98.2) would only happen if big bugs were discovered. It
> means that after the .po file has been translated, translators should
> check the translations status from HEAD again.

I've changed the gnomemeeting listing on the GNOME 2.4 translation
status pages to use the gnome_2_4 branch now.

We don't have any "newer-than-GNOME-2.4" translation status pages yet,
though. There are no other modules that have branched yet (most modules
usually branch a while after the release), and we'd like to keep the
number of different translation status pages down since the constant
regeneration of them takes quite a few machine resources(*), so it seems
to make little sense to do entirely new status pages just for
GnomeMeeting at this point.

We only added 2.4 status pages a couple of months after the 2.2 release
(2.2 was released in February and in April we had the 2.4 pages tracking
2.3.x), since there was a large uncertainity about what should be
included. I don't know if it will take that long this time, but what I'm
trying to say is that the translation status pages most likely will not
track gnomemeeting HEAD for a while. Not that it would prevent
translators from working on gnomemeeting HEAD, but it won't show up in
the stats.

Christian

(*) Hi Carlos! :)