[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [BETA4] the "better AVC" release

Salut,

yet another beta release...

Binary-visible changes:
* the manager is robust, like in BETA2, but this time all plugins have
been patched to get loaded by a robust manager (!);
* avc has the "userfriendly names" feature (notice: the real name of my
own cam is all but userfriendly, but still, it's its name);
* avc works as good as the IEEE1394 bus; ie: if this one is in an
inconsistent state, the plugin will make gm crash (I'll try to
detect&handle that better);
* gm will spit out the list of plugins he managed to open, and give the
reason why he couldn't otherwise;

Source-visible changes:
* dominance should only have to cp the plugins/ dir in the pwlib tree,
and use the same debian/*;
* gm.patch and pwlib.patch are the same;
* vidinput_manager_dlopen.cxx has evolved...;

I really badly need two things at the moment:
* manager API comments; I don't want to contact equivalence for
inclusion as long as I'm not sure about my API!
* someone to take care of the dc plugin: it is bad; it can crash gm for
no good reason. If you can't take care of the plugin but have a dc
device to offer, I'll accept the gift ;-)

Other than that, a little testing and good bug reports would be nice,